** 2022 MEMBERSHIP DRIVE **
is now OPEN!
YOU are invited to become a PHC Member for the first time or continue your membership
Read the letter from our President!
To download the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION, CLICK HERE!
Don’t wait – join today!!
The Portuguese Historical Center (PHC) was founded to encourage civic and community involvement in the preservation of Portuguese culture, folklore, and history through:
- Portuguese Language preservation
- Continuing education through the PHC’s Newsletter
- Preserving artifacts, including the Gann photo collection and artifacts from Tuna Hall of Progress, and others
- Honoring and maintaining the Tunaman’s Memorial on Shelter Island
- Honoring our outstanding community leaders and organizations with ongoing displays and presentations
- Archiving the many accomplishments of Portuguese organizations, both locally and worldwide
We steadfastly support all our fellow Portuguese-American organizations. At the PHC, we are proudly preserving the rich culture and traditions of our Portuguese heritage.