Become a Member!
The Portuguese Historical Center (PHC) was founded to encourage civic and community involvement in the preservation of Portuguese culture, folklore, and history through:
- Portuguese Language preservation
- Continuing education through the PHC’s quarterly Newsletter
- Preservation of artifacts, including the Gann photo collection and artifacts from Tuna Hall of Progress, and others
- Honoring and maintaining the Tunaman’s Memorial on Shelter Island
- Honoring our outstanding community leaders and organizations with ongoing displays and presentations
- Archiving the many accomplishments of Portuguese organizations, both locally and worldwide
We steadfastly support all our fellow Portuguese-American organizations. At the PHC, we are proudly preserving the rich culture and traditions of our Portuguese heritage.