Our 2021 Membership Drive has begun!
Renew your membership
or join for the first time
NEW for 2021 – the PHC is offering another MEMBERSHIP option. Since mid-July, several high school and college students have asked to borrow from our unique library for their school assignments. However, without an active membership, we could not serve them. Only PHC Members have this option. To solve the problem, and assist students in learning our history and culture, we are pleased to offer a NEW Sponsor-a-Student Membership in 2021. We look forward to fulfilling the PHC mission and welcoming new, student members to our organization. Interested? please select the NEW option on the application form.
The Portuguese Historical Center (PHC) was founded to encourage civic and community involvement in the preservation of Portuguese culture, folklore, and history through:
- Portuguese Language preservation
- Continuing education through the PHC’s Newsletter
- Preserving artifacts, including the Gann photo collection and artifacts from Tuna Hall of Progress, and others
- Honoring and maintaining the Tunaman’s Memorial on Shelter Island
- Honoring our outstanding community leaders and organizations with ongoing displays and presentations
- Archiving the many accomplishments of Portuguese organizations, both locally and worldwide
We steadfastly support all our fellow Portuguese-American organizations. At the PHC, we are proudly preserving the rich culture and traditions of our Portuguese heritage. CLICK HERE!