The Portuguese Historical Center (PHC) was founded to encourage civic and community involvement in the preservation of Portuguese culture, folklore, and history through:
- Portuguese Language preservation
- Continuing education through the PHC’s quarterly Newsletter.
- Preservation of artifacts, including the Gann photo collection and artifacts from Tuna Hall of Progress and others.
- Honoring and maintaining the Tunaman’s Memorial on Shelter Island.
- Honoring our outstanding community leaders and organizations with ongoing displays and presentations.
- Archiving the many accomplishments of the Portuguese organizations, both locally and worldwide.
Become a Member …CLICK HERE!