PHC Membership Drive – 2020!
Renew your membership or join for the first time…CLICK HERE!
Member benefits include: email updates of PHC events, quarterly/triannual newsletter, information on special events and fundraisers, discounts on events, etc.
The Portuguese Historical Center (PHC) was founded in 1977 to encourage civic and community involvement in the preservation of Portuguese culture, folklore, and history by:
- Supporting Portuguese Language preservation
- Hosting continuing education and community events
- Preserving artifacts from the Gann photo collection, Tuna Hall of Progress, and others
- Honoring and maintaining the Tunaman’s Memorial on Shelter Island
- Honoring our outstanding community leaders and organizations with ongoing displays and presentations
- Archiving the many accomplishments of the Portuguese organizations, both locally and worldwide